The Role Responsibilities
- Periodic portfolio review and analysis of bank counterparties by developing comprehensive financial models and conducting stress tests.
- Assessment of operating environment and Client’s industry; Monitor regulatory updates and financial news.
- Assess funding strategy, treasury activity and liquidity, management and governance risks, capital management.
- Discuss other pertinent risk aspects, including parental and/or governmental linkage/support.
- Active engagement (when required) in sector reviews.
- Articulate the Client’s strategy and assess execution risks.
- Engage with and actively monitor SCB’s clients.
- Evaluate risks associated with particular proposed transactions, if required and ensure that all credit propositions are both coherent and meet requirements.
- Awareness and understanding of the Group’s business strategy.
- Provision of insightful, relevant, and timely credit analysis across GB European FI client portfolio, including thorough, proactive monitoring of risks and forward-looking view over an appropriate time horizon, involving (if required) detailed modelling and scenario analysis.
- Focus on clients and growth.
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates.
- Engage with GB’s strategic and performance objectives in a proactive and sustained manner, with particular focus on removing blockages to appropriate risk oversight and/or business development.
- Partnership with Client Coverage in sourcing and retaining client business, including through client engagement, striving to understand client strategy and support on initiatives and growth efforts.
- Ensure adherence to all internal/regulatory policies & regulation.
- Ensure adherence to group credit risk policies and procedures.
People and Talent
- Maintain the bank's global standard through flawless execution of mandatory learning agenda.
- Identify meaningful development opportunities, establish a targeted development plan including formal learning.
- Continually strive to share key relevant knowledge and learnings with others across the team.
- Be an active member of the first line of defence through identifying, assessing, monitoring of risks, propose controls and mitigation.
- Be proactive in ensuring compliance with Bank policies and procedures.
- Maintain high standards of credit risk oversight, policies and procedures, cognisant of the regulatory and reputational risk.
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.