Gresham Hunt are working with a leading UK firm to hire their new Head of Group Financial Control. This role will report directly into the FD, supporting the finance team with controls and policies.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders;
- Developing accounting policies and standards;
- Develop balance sheet funding plans to support the business strategy;
- Meet periodical reporting requirements including statutory accounts for the business;
- Provide technical accounting GAAP and regulatory reporting guidance and support to management;
- Oversee the general accounting function, which includes treasury, cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting and balance sheet management.
- Ensures the ongoing development of the wider finance function;
- Participates in the development of Finance's policies, procedures, and processes;
- Contributes to the strategic and operational objectives of the department through performing own responsibilities and managing direct reports’ performance;
- Actively works with CFO/FD to continuously evolve and enhance the vision for the finance function in line with changes in business needs;
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA);
- Demonstrated experience with external auditors;
- Strong experience in implementing robust controls and governance;
- Experience of delegating tasks and supporting a growing team with training;
- Good understanding of treasury functions and accounts payable and receivables;
- Strong understanding of financial reporting requirements and policy development;
- Demonstrated experience in leading the preparation and review of financial statements;
- Strong knowledge of UK GAAP, internal controls and financial regulatory reporting requirements;
- Highly motivated, with a keen interest in change management, communication and leadership skills;
- Financial control experience, building processes and teams, preferably in the payments or financial services sectors with experience of regulation.