This is an exciting opportunity for a Principal Software Engineer with a passion for quality to work on an exciting new connected car platform.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in software engineering and architecture, and a strong background in DevSecOps practices.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Leading the architecture and integration for complex solutions
- Advocating for continuous delivery and DevSecOps practices
- Providing technical hands-on support to software engineers
- Coaching and mentoring a team of senior engineers, ensuring adherence to internal and external standards
- Defining technical roadmaps and strategies for systems
The ideal candidate will have strong experience developing bespoke built enterprise-scale applications in a cloud environment, with extensive experience in the following:
- Java (or other JVM languages) and Python
- Hands on experience with microservices, architectures, RESTful APIs, and message queues, as well as cloud-native development experience (ideally on AWS)
Desirable skills include:
- Experience with source code management and version control (Git/GitHub/GitLab)
- Modern CI/CD tools and techniques
- Kubernetes & Docker, and an understanding/experience of Site Reliability Engineering practices and principles
- Passion for mentoring and technical coaching of engineers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The role is based in a brand new hi-tech Digital Development Centre, giving engineers the chance to work alongside a world-class and passionate team.