Gresham Hunt are delighted to partner with a European Financial Services organisation who are recruiting a Risk Analyst to join their Risk Management team covering their Banking business.
This position will have responsibility across a broad range of risk management duties for the bank, including management of operational risk events, evaluating control processes, preparation of reports and risk papers for committee meetings, and supporting the firm’s Risk team in relation to other areas of risk impacting the business. The role will support and report directly into the Chief Risk Officer.
Summary of main tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage operational risk events, ensuring that they are accurately reported, appropriately escalated and effectively resolved, with preventative or detective measures put in place
- Conduct Risk and Control Self Assessments. Follow up on issues raised and action items, and analyse the established control processes in place.
- Review and update the Risk Register, engaging with other areas of the business.
- Analyse and monitor counterparty exposures through credit and limit reviews
- Assist in the compilation and monitoring of capital and liquidity stress testing.
- Produce risk management information and reports for the Board risk sub-committee, including the enterprise and regulatory risk dashboards
- Enhance the reporting and quantitative analysis by improving the design of reports
- Take the minutes for the Operational & Financial Risk Committee and act as alternate chair
- Monitor and report compliance with the Risk Management Framework
- Track the actioning of Internal Audit recommendations
- Review and update policy and procedure documents
- Assist in monitoring of best practice/guidance/regulation developments in the area of risk management, including CBI announcements. There will also be the opportunity to work with the other areas in the wider team such as Compliance.
- Carry out such other risk duties and responsibilities as are required to support the business
- Act at all times in accordance with the regulatory requirements in force relating to the business activities of the firm
- Adhere to the firm’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations and codes of conduct in all jurisdictions in which the firm conducts business and which have an impact on its business
- Report control weaknesses, illegal, suspicious or unusual activity
- Maintain a high standard of conduct, ethical standards and values
Other job specific experience/technical skills/abilities:
- A minimum 2 years’ experience in a relevant risk role
- An understanding of investment banking, financial markets and how to work within a regulated financial services environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Highly analytical and adept at using technology with excellent Excel skills. Experience with SQL/ VBA will be an advantage
- A high level of integrity and an excellent work ethic, focussed on achieving high-quality results consistent with the firm’s standards
- An ability to work under pressure and respond quickly when required.