Senior Cloud and Network Engineer
A renowned Financial Sercives company is hiring for a Senior Cloud & Network Engineer to join them in an exciting new role as part of the teams ongoing growth plans.
You will be designing, building and configurating work for Azure projects including greenfield and modernisations, with an emphasis on network & security in addition to CaaS, PaaS & IaaS. Operating in both a hands-on capacity, as well as providing leadership and best-practice guidance to their infrastructure teams and junior colleagues.
The engineer should have omprehensive experience working in Azure environments, hands-on experience using AKS and Docker in addition to in-depth working knowledge of Windows and Linux. Working with native PaaS serverless technologies such as PaaS SQL, Web App Containers and Function apps and solid understanding of netowrking is desired and perhaps most importantly, a "Can do" attitude.
You will be responsible for:
- Taking a lead engineering role on selected projects, developing IaC and CaC to ensure automated, repeatable deployments
- Enabling the achievement of operational resilience needs through resilient architecture design, and the achievement of security best practices to ensure solutions are secure by design and secure in practice
- Using your experience of Docker/K8s/AKS to design, build and manage scalable container infrastructure and workload.
- Developing/proving patterns using Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) & Configuration-as-Code (CaC) approaches such as Terraform and Ansible
- Providing guidance and leadership to support project teams from formational stages (preliminary designs, estimation) and throughout the development lifecycle to ensure that infrastructure deliverables meet requirements.
- Using experience to guide outsource teams to ensure they adhere to our standards and best practices
In return you can benefit from:
- 27 Days Holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance and income protection
- Electric car scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Hybrid working options