Gresham Hunt's client is looking for a temporary Financial Accountant to work within their growing team on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract (FTC). The role will report into the Group Accountant, developing best practices and policies.
You will be responsible for the preparation of the organisations financial accounting reporting which includes the financial statements and statutory reporting requirements.
- Provides support to the Group Accountant when required;
- Ensure integrity of transactions posted within financial systems;
- Prepare monthly journals – accruals and prepayments for the group;
- Driving efficiency and robustness in the financial accounting process;
- Preparation of Annual financial statements, balance sheet and cashflow reporting;
- Ensure compliance with controls and governance in line with stakeholder requirements;
- Ensure controls and governance and compliance protocols are followed in line with business needs;
- Maintain good working relations and liaise with internal and external audit to resolve any queries raised;
- Ensuring appropriate accounting policies and standards are applied and maintained across the organisation;
- Participates in the development of the team’s policies, procedures, and processes through providing input and feedback.
- Part qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA);
- Strong controls and governance understanding and application;
- Demonstrated experience in preparation and review of financial statements;
- Strong understanding of internal controls and financial regulatory reporting requirements;
- Demonstrated experience working to statutory deadline, including working with external auditors;
- Strong understanding of UK GAAP and technical financial knowledge/accounting standards application.