Gresham Hunt's client are looking for an experienced accountant to make their next career move and begin managing direct reports. The Accounting Supervisor will report to the Group Accountant, ensuring the accurate invoicing of customers on behalf of the organisation’s entities
You will support the Financial Accounting Associate with daily tasks and completing their accounting qualifications. There will be a focus on driving efficiency in the supplier payments and accounts payable processes whilst building and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships.
- Working with finance heads to enhance the finance function in line with identified changes.
- Contributing to the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives of the department through performing own responsibilities and managing direct reports performance.
- Participating in the development of the team’s policies, procedures, and processes through providing input and feedback.
- Supporting reporting employees in performing their delegated responsibilities and ensures overall performance is efficiently and effectively managed with clear objectives and KPIs.
- Liaising with internal; and external stakeholders;
- Prepare account reconciliation, including analytical review;
- Perform timely reconciliations of system data to customer data;
- Run and manage the revenue modules in Infor Sun and its database;
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of new products and services;
- Implementation of robust reconciliation processes within accounts receivable;
- Supporting the broader finance team in the production of monthly board reports;
- Ensuring statutory requirements are met including with regards to VAT corporation tax;
- Ensure revenue and expenses are accurately recorded, reconciled in the finance systems;
- Ensure accounting transactions are appropriately applied and maintained in line with governing standards;
- Implementation of controls and governance in line with business needs, directorate needs, requirements of both internal and external audit for finance across all group entities;
- Account analysis forming judgments on financial focus and reporting;
- Work with Procurement to maintain and manage purchase order process;
- Ensure that the company’s risk processes and procedures are followed to ensure compliance;
- Review the payment run to ensure that approval from the Head of Financial Control is a smooth and robust process;
- Ensuring accounting transactions are appropriately applied and maintained in line with governing standards across all group entities for AP.
- Part qualified (ACA, ACCA , CIMA);
- Implementation of controls and governance;
- Ability to teach, guide and direct a small team;
- Experience working with Infor Sun and SAP Concur;
- Understands accounts receivable and accounts payable;
- Strong working knowledge and demonstrable experience of book keeping / double entry;
- Demonstrable experience in resolving disputes, conflicts and delivering successful resolutions.
For a confidential conversation to find out more, please forward your CV to: email@example.com