Gresham Hunt are working with a leading energy business to hire their new Technical accountants. As a key member of the finance function you will be providing general accounting advice.
Technical Accounting Support:
- Perform review role on new business approval requests;
- Liaise with external and internal auditors on technical accounting matters;
- Assist in the preparation of the Group and subsidiary annual financial statements;
- Analysis on structured transactions or specific technical accounting issues;
- Ongoing review and maintenance of company accounting policies and accounting manual;
- Advisor for Front Office and other support groups on technical accounting matters;
- Provide training on technical accounting matters to other members of Finance.
- Ensure that all hedge relationships are documented using IFRS 9 criteria;
- Maintain and optimise a robust control framework and process for hedge accounting;
- Support the wider team in the review, administration, and documentation of the hedge accounting processes;
- Contact with the trading team to ensure that all information relating to activity designated for hedge accounting is captured appropriately.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA preferred);
- Background in a commodity trading firm preferred;
- Highly IT literate. MS Office (particularly Excel) to a high standard;
- Good analytical skills and the ability to be flexible regarding nature of work
- Experience of preparing statutory financial information useful but not essential;
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of IFRS9 and 15 accounting and financial reporting.